Who We Are
Calgary Arts Academy Foundation is a registered charity founded in 2008 and is comprised of volunteer members from across Calgary’s arts and business communities.
Calgary Arts Academy Foundation's purpose is to ensure financial stability for programming and infrastructure for the delivery of inclusive Arts Immersion education at Calgary Arts Academy; preparing tomorrow’s leaders today.
Please contact us if you would like more information regarding Calgary Arts Academy Foundation or if you would like to donate.
What We're Working On
Education Centre Outdoor Activity Area
Calgary Arts Academy Foundation continues to ensure financial stability for programming and infrastructure for delivery of inclusive Arts Immersion education at Calgary Arts Academy.
Our current highlight project is the design and build of an Outdoor Activity Area at the CAA Education Centre, which will provide a safe outdoor space with various climbing / play structures for our students and all visitors to the CS Youth Campus to enjoy physical play and exploration.
Many studies have proven that "Playground Play" provides several benefits to children and adults alike, including:
• Healthy physical development and retention by improving flexibility, balance, and overall motor skills. Also improves the function of the lungs and heart, and helps develop stronger muscles.
• Emotional development by improving self-confidence, safe risk-taking and exploration.
• Social development by proving a “play” medium (“play” being an unrestricted term) supporting individuals to make social connections while subtly learning / instilling social norms and interacting with others.
• Introspective development through solitary exploration, taking time to think, explore and create when engaging in solitary playground play.
• Educational development - when schools have playgrounds, studies have shown that all the above development outcomes from playground play directly enhance the student’s ability to learn and grow in their curriculum studies, as well school attendance is typically higher.